The Jr. Social Media Manager is responsible for both assisting the Social Media Managers and overseeing online marketing activities for clients assigned. These duties include content creation and scheduling as well as monitoring accounts and responding to conversations.
Specific position expectations include:
- Create weekly social content calendars that maintain the appropriate client voice and strategy messaging points. Content calendars are to be completed the Friday prior and should run from Monday through Sunday.
- Schedule content across social channels using a timing strategy to ensure the highest levels of engagement.
- Monitor all social accounts daily according to client calendar to stay on top of interactions and respond to any questions or comments.
- Regularly check client email accounts and incorporate any new events, information or stories into content as emails are read.
- Create dynamic social conversations by proactively reaching out to other users, asking questions and sharing content – i.e. Liking follower images on Instagram, Tweeting and RTing other users’ content, commenting on posts on behalf of a client Page, etc.
- Maintain fully-branded and complete profiles on all social accounts – using SEO keywords to help maximize search potential.
- Assist with writing and scheduling of client blog posts, incorporating SEO with each post.
- Assist with new client strategy development by bringing fresh ideas to the table for each client and developing presentation decks that coordinate with each strategy.
- Understand the overall larger picture for each client’s social presence and manage their account with that strategy in mind.
- Create monthly or quarterly reports, based on each client requirement.
- Expand the firm’s service to offer digital public relations services to clients.
- Assist with light clerical duties, including filing, answering phones, greeting guests, etc.
Additionally, the Jr. Social Media Manager is expected to stay current with the latest in social & digital trends and updates – subscribing to and reading industry blog posts, websites, newsletters, etc. He/she should consistently provide new ideas for how to better serve current clients as well as for gaining new clients.
This position is at our office in Charleston, SC. Remote candidates will not be considered, and this job is available now. This is a part-time position but will move quickly into full-time for the right person.
To apply, send your resume, cover letter, and a 300-word blog post to [email protected] with the subject line JR. SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER.