The Director of Digital Strategy leads the digital content and digital marketing team and works closely with the CEO to develop integrated strategies across all agency and client digital platforms. The Director provides strategic guidance and data-driven recommendations to help increase our clients’ reach through social media campaigns, paid and organic reach, SEO/SEM, e-newsletters, blogging, and website recommendations. This role will help assist the Director of Operations to oversee the work performed by the community managers, web/tech team and interns, as well as assist in overall internal processes at the Agency.
- Assist in ensuring efficient and effective workflow for all team members.
- Assist in overseeing all work performed by the content team – review accounts to ensure that content is being shared appropriately and accurately.
- Provide strategic oversight for the content team to help with their client’s social media campaigns, content development, blogs, email campaigns, and SEO/SEM.
- Collaborate on creating strategy documents for new clients – includes introductory strategy meeting and review with the client.
- Assist the sales and account manager in bringing on a new client.
- Maintain individual client accounts. Typical client tasks include social media content and management, e-newsletter creation and execution, blog writing, SEO services, and other digital marketing tactics.
- Oversee quarterly activity reports for all clients and present information to clients.
- Brainstorm and collaborate on client campaigns, helping to secure long-term business contracts by keeping accounts fresh, relevant, and applicable.
- Lead Monthly content development Lunch n Learns to provide ongoing insight, training, and motivation to the content team.
- Help conceptualize and produce high-quality, creative, digital solutions for marketing collateral/campaigns, product marketing materials, and websites for our clients.
- Assist with TMC’s own social media accounts, blog posts, and e-newsletters giving direction and bringing in new ideas to the team.
- Working directly with the content team on the TMC Academy. Assisting in content production, bringing in new members, and creating a weekly Academy video lesson for members.
- Actively seek out new business opportunities for The Modern Connection.
- Participate in industry events and other networking opportunities when available on behalf of The Modern Connection.
- Perform general administrative duties as necessary to keep the team in working order.
- Other duties as assigned
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or similar background
Experience: Minimum of 5 years with diverse digital communications and marketing experience. Must have a deep understanding of all aspects of digital: social media, marketing, platforms, SEM, SEO, promotion, measurement, vendors, mobile, and technology. Experience with Facebook Insights, Google Analytics, and other social tools a plus. At least three years with team management duties desirable.
Management: Key management skills including strategic planning and goal setting, budgeting, staffing, performance counseling, mentoring, and career planning are required
Communication: Excellent writing, presentation and public speaking skills. An articulate advocate of The Modern Connection’s vision and mission.
- Deep digital experience with an understanding of best practices, latest tactics and measurement tools.
- Demonstrated ability to build digital and social strategies from the ground up, leveraging and enhancing existing digital infrastructure to accomplish objectives.
- Track record of successful management experience—directing, training and recruiting staff members necessary to accomplish organizational goals.
- Ability to engage and lead various types of teammates, and deliver timely and flawless results.
- Experience working in and a strong commitment to creating a high-performance, results-driven culture.
- Commitment to getting the job done and willingness to work hours required.
- Understand and support The Modern Connection’s mission and vision and the team’s goals and objectives
Additionally, the Director of Digital Marketing is expected to stay current with the latest in social, digital, and design trends and updates – subscribing to and reading industry blog posts, websites, newsletters, etc. He/she should consistently research and introduce new ideas, resources, and opportunities to further the innovation and quality of the agency’s creative output to better serve our clients.