Note: This was featured as part of our Web Wednesday segment on Charleston’s 105.5 The Bridge with Box in the Morning. You can catch us every Wednesday morning at 8:20 am ET for your dose of social media & digital marketing news. You can listen to the segment below:
The secret to success in digital marketing is spending time where your customers are. If your target audience is on Instagram, you should be as well. If your customer would prefer to get communications through email, you should be showing up in their inbox regularly. Knowing your customer inside out is crucial, and is something we pride ourselves in at TMC.
A recent Sprout Social study found some awesome information about how different generations are using social media. Here are a few fun facts from their findings:
- Across the board, Facebook was the most well-loved and well-used social network, especially by Baby Boomers and Gen Xers.
- About ⅓ Millennials say Facebook is their platform of choice, while 22.2% prefer Instagram and 15.8% say Snapchat is their go-to.
- If you’re targeting younger Millennials (aged 18-24), Instagram took the top spot of most popular social network.
Knowing why your customers follow you and what they expect from you is also key.
- All generations tend to start following a brand in the discovery phase, i.e., before a purchase has been made.
- Millennials and Gen Xers are twice as likely to engage with a brand online as Baby Boomers.
- As Sprout Social says, “Millennials ask, Gen X buys, and Baby Boomers observe.”
A positive experience with a brand online can increase buying potential by 71%, so make sure you’re giving out the proper information, interacting with your customers, and putting the best of your business on display on social media. If you would like help running your social media presence and getting in front of your target audience, call us at (800) 759-7996 or fill out our free consultation form.