According to a study conducted by Retailing Today, 81% of shoppers research the product that they are interested in before making a purchase. This percentage increases as the price of the product increases. So what can you do with this information and how does it affect your business? It’s so important to make it as easy as possible for your potential customers to find you. Having a properly optimized page for your brand is essential in creating new leads. That’s where this Ultimate SEO Guide comes in handy!
- Be sure your Facebook URL matches your page name. If for some reason it isn’t available, try to have it match any other social handles that your brand is on present on.
- Get straight to the point in your page description. Provide users with the most important information first. This would tell them what services your provide and what your product is. Don’t forget to update your page’s categories to be as specific as possible. In The Modern Connection’s case, Marketing Consultant is as close as it comes to our service description.
- We’re saving the most important tip for last! The company’s page name should match your business’ name. Although this seems like a no-brainer, it is easy to get carried away in trying to come up with catchy names.
- Claim your business on Google. This is the first step in getting your brand to show up on Google’s listings, search results and maps.
- Upload images to your Google Business page. This includes your company’s logo. Google states that business pages with photos receive 42% more clicks on “Get Directions” than those that haven’t uploaded images.
- Google also provides some useful analytics on how people find your company through searching. Protip: Use these analytics to tailor optimization on your website.
- Claim your business on Yelp. You will have to go through biz.yelp.com to get to the business owner’s end where you will be able to claim your company.
- Encourage your customers to write a review. Businesses with higher ratings rank higher in search results.
- Give your visibility a boost by completing all of the forms and information that Yelp asks after you’ve claimed your business. This will help your rankings in searches as well.
- Just like your business’ Facebook description, the Yelp description should be succinct.
Follow this streamlined guide to update your business’ Facebook, Google and Yelp accounts. These few steps could lead to driving more traffic directly to your website, increasing the number of leads and can ultimately translate to sales. If how-to guides aren’t really your thing, we should chat. Here at The Modern Connection, we are trained to complete these steps for your business during the first stages of working with you. Like you, we have your business’s best interest in mind.