Note: This was featured as part of our Web Wednesday segment on Charleston’s 105.5 The Bridge with Box in the Morning. You can catch us every Wednesday morning at 8:20 am ET for your dose of social media & digital marketing news. You can listen to the segment below:
In your digital marketing, you should be putting an emphasis on growing your email list. This is an extremely valuable list of new business leads, and you want to grow your list and effectively market to them. Today on #WebWeds, we talked about generating revenue through email. Here are four of the most common ways to make money with your email list.
1. Selling your own products.
Most obviously, you want to use your email marketing to sell your own products or services. You create your own marketing materials to promote your business’ products and services, whether it’s photos of your products, testimonials from past clients, and more.
2. Affiliate offers.
Affiliate marketing is essentially selling other business’ products. And although this may seem counterintuitive to you, let us explain. If you really sit down and think about it, there are probably a lot of products or services that your business uses everyday. Many of those products or services will have an affiliate program that allows you to promote their business for a cut of the profit.
Including a section in your newsletter for your business’ top products of the month, then using affiliate links for each one can help you to increase your passive income, simply by promoting products you already use and love.
3. Displaying sponsored ads.
You can actually sell ad space in your newsletters. Depending on the size of your email list and your statistics like open rate and clickthrough rate, hosting sponsored newsletters could potentially be a great way to generate revenue. You can offer ad space in your newsletter to complementary businesses that your customers may want to buy from in addition to your own.
Here are a few best practices to follow when creating your email newsletters:
- Make sure your newsletter is mobile-friendly. About 53% of emails are opened on a mobile device.
- Keep the design simple and the content easy to digest.
- Be selective with your third-party relationships (i.e., sponsors and affiliates). Make sure they still fit within your niche, products, or services.
- Don’t over market your list. We don’t recommend sending more than one email each week unless you’re gearing up for a launch or other big announcement.
- Be consistent.
- Consider email automation to build custom campaigns your subscribers want to open.
If you want some help growing your email list and using it to increase your revenue, fill out our free consultation form or give us a call at (800) 759-7996.