The holidays may look a little different this year, but it’s still a season of peak demand and a critical time for businesses to connect with customers. With Thanksgiving just over a week away, we wanted to share some new insights and advertising tips to help you attract holiday shoppers.
How Holiday Shoppers Have Changed
Earlier this month, Google shared new data revealing how the behavior of holiday shoppers is changing in 2020. Here are some key statistics you should know:
- Searches for “support local businesses” grew by over 20,000% since last year and searches for “curbside pickup” have grown over 3,000%
- Searches for “available near me” have grown over 100% globally year-over-year.
- 69% of US shoppers plan to shop online for the holidays more than in previous years (with more people going online to browse and buy for the very first time.)
- 70% of US shoppers said they were open to buying from new retailers.
- 77% of US holiday shoppers said they would browse for gift ideas onl